DD1 found some soon to be recycled yarn in the mysterious bags and asked to learn to knit again. Yippee.
January 12, 2010
January 2, 2010
I love the idea of a single word focus for the year. It lets you evaluate all your goals, and simplify your thoughts and ideas. My touch word this year will be Explore.
- explore new horizons, and learn 10 new techniques in knitting, like knitting with thrums, and double knitting
- explore a new technique and craft: learn how to crochet, including reading patterns
- explore my stash of stuff, and what it can do for me, and what I can do with it, letting go of what isn’t helping me explore the possibilities, and explore the things I can do with what is left. This is a ten out before a ball or pattern or yard of fabric in kind of goal.
- explore a consistent goal of one sweater a month, and the discipline of being focused for a long period of time
- explore how to connect with others more often in RL (join a knitting group, have people over to play cards once a month, be part of a community)
- explore a healthy lifestyle–including going to the gym, eating more vegetables, and learning how to destress from work, which is really important for me, as I teach middle school children and I prefer little ones
- explore life as debt free–work on establishing habits that let my debts decrease, and my life be full without stuff