To test this out, I just made the Laura Knit Leggings. I was lazy so I didn't shorten the legs, but I did add the inch at the center back, and lower the front the 1/2" as usual. I also used wider elastic, which puts the waist slightly lower than the expected spot, which is fine. And, they fit perfectly. Well, except for the fact I need to shorten the legs 4" because I didn't do that when I started. Now, I have to admit that leggings are probably not the best 'fashion' choice for my body, but I want exercise wear. And I'm on a RTW fast, so that means making legging shorts for exercise class. So, this is my test run pair:
|Hmm, Iphone photos are much more challenging than I imagined|
and wow, I need to tidy next time!
Fabric: 1 1/3 y of very old stash knit, thick ribbing style.
Notions: Thread, and 28 inches of 1 1/2" elastic for the waistband
Pattern Alterations: I added 1" to the center back rise, and lowered the center front rise 1/2". Next pair I will also cut 4" off the leg length to make them the correct length. The pooling is cute, though.
Comments: I would highly recommend this pattern. I love the fact that it is 'doll clothes'--as long as you pick the right size, and know the changes you need, the garment will fit. The leggings are surprisingly comfortable. Just be careful in your fabric choice, and pick very stretchy fabric, with good recovery.
I will be making these again. The next pair is going to be some fleece lycra four way stretch, and then I'm making exercise shorts.