23 July 2012

Yoga Skirt Sihlouette 2010


Fabric: 1.2 m blue cotton rayon lycra knit

Notions: thread, and 33 inches of 1 1/2" elastic

Pattern Silhouette Yoga Skirt 2010

Pattern Description:
3 pattern piece slightly A line skirt for knits, with wide enclosed elastic waistband

Pattern Sizing:
Includes child sizes 8 to 18, and Ladies sizes 1-8, Size chosen for pattern are based on finished measurements of favourite garments. 

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Absolutely!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very easy.  This is a serious doll clothes garment.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Super easy pattern. 
I found that I did not use the correct size because my hip drop was slightly less than the pattern, so with shortening, pattern was perfect.  I ended up shortening the pattern at the waist by 1" to get the correct size and shape. 

Fabric Used:
Very light weight Rayon Cotton Lycra knit.  This is a lovely clingy fabric. 

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I shortened the pattern to my preferred knee length.  I also widened the waist based on my own measurements, which are between the size 3 and 4 Ladies. 

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Well, I made two of them, and plan on making more, so yes. 

Conclusion:
This one is a keeper.  I'm trying to make a series of clothing based on easy wear, easy care clothing shapes.  I recommend this pattern highly.


No comments: