1. To see the floor of the sewing room by the end of 2009--this means much more stash sewing than stash accumulation! I'm thinking 10 out for every yard in, but that might be too high a goal. Maybe empying at least 2 bolts a month??
2. To play more with different techniques and things. One new technique a month should be good.
My current list of things to try includes:
- using the computer programs I have, like EQ6 and Wild Ginger (assorted programs!)
- drafting using the CAD program on Wild Ginger
- exploring EQ6 applique (there is a ducky quilt in there for my youngest, just waiting to be created, I am sure--and I have the book)
- using the embroidery machine!
- trying out different fibre techniques like cutwork, fibre etching, and thread painting (on garments, and on quilts)
- exploring dying fabric
- spinning (hmm--another way to accumulate stash....maybe not such a good idea)
- creating different styles of dolls, with different jointing techniques and armatures
4. To exercise regularly. I really liked the idea that another blogger had: for every hour of moving the body, I can spend $10 on my fibre hobbies. Since I belong to the gym, this shouldn't be hard to do--but....we will see.
I think this year should focus more on process than production. Last year--I accumulated and I produced! I accumulated lots of different 'techniques' books to play with, and I sewed a lot of fabric. This year, I want to play while I produce. Or, at least, attempt to play while I produce.
Stash reduction....here I come.